This weekend calendar is being added to as we come across more events that may be of interest to our readers. If you know of an event, please email us the information and we’ll gladly add it to this Weekend Calendar.
Following are the Calendar listings for this weekend, Saturday, May 8 and Sunday, May 9 in New Hartford, CT:
Saturday, May 8, 2010:
- May Market at Hill-Stead: from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. at the Hill-Stead Museum, 35 Mountain Road, Farmington, CT. Market features over 50 exhibitors of antiques and quality crafts for home and garden. Shop for perennials and woodland plants, enjoy garden and cooking demonstrations with local experts, consult with horticulturalists and Master Gardeners. For more information, please see the Activities and Programs section fo the Hill-Stead Musem website.
- New Hartford Garden Club 2010 Spring Plant Sale: from 8:30 until 3:00 p.m. in the lobby of the Town Hall, 530 Main Street, New Hartford. For more information, please read our May 7 article Garden Club’s Spring Plant Sale….
- Northwestern Regional #7 FFA Plant Sale: from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. today, Saturday and tomorrow, Sunday, in the greenhouse at Regional #7 Vo-Ag Building, 100 Battistoni Drive, Winsted.
- Haight-Brown Vineyard Express: at 2:00 p.m. at Thomaston station, Thomaston. Board 1970’s rail cars at the Thomaston station and take a leisurely 3(+) hour train ride around Litchfield County. On board, enjoy an eight wine tasting, including Haight-Brown’s special release ‘Railway White’, while hearing tidbits about HB history and practices. Unique and tasty Hors Des Ouvres and accompaniments will be served throughout the journey. On the second half of the journey, while enjoying desserts and treats, wine will be available by the glass for just $5. Reservations required; $65 per person. For more information, please visit the Haight-Brown website.
- Synergy Brass Quintet: at 7:00 p.m. at the Bakerville Methodist Church on Route 202, just east of Route 202 in Bakerville. The quintet is acclaimed for â€œa veritable fireworks display of outstanding musical ability combined with superb showmanshipâ€ (Door Concerts, Inc.) in addition to â€œblazing precision [and] amazing techniqueâ€. The concert is a fundraiser for the Bakerville company. Tickets: $15 t at the door; Children under 12 Free. A reception with refreshments will follow the concer. For more information, please visit the Bakerville Library website.
- Steam Vent Coffee House: from 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. tonight at First Church of Winsted. For more information regarding the Steam Vent Coffee House, please visit the First Church of Christ website.
Sunday, May 9, 2010:
- Mother’s Day: Please be sure to do something special for that special mother in your life: a bouquet of flowers, a live plant, her special breakfast brought to her in bed ~ all the little things that will make her day memorable.
- Visit your favorite Church, Temple, Meditation Center or Meeting House: Be sure to make time today to visit your favorite church, temple, meditation center or meeting house for good fellowship and spiritual uplifting. For specific information about times of worship or meditation, please check out the list of links in our Houses of Worship tab in the sidebar on our front page.
- Northwestern Regional #7 FFA Plant Sale: from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. today, Sunday, in the greenhouse at Regional #7 Vo-Ag Building, 100 Battistoni Drive, Winsted.