The February 2 edition of the NH+ INDEPENDENT is now online and you can download a copy by clicking on the image below or from the link in the sidebar. Some of the news items we included this week are:
- Barkhamsted To Consider Tax Abatement: Special Town Meeting on Wednesday, February 6, to consider approving a tax abatement package for the builder of a new medical facility on Route 44. More than half that building will house the Charlotte Hungerford emergency center and medical services which are currently located at the Winsted Health Center in the former Winsted Hospital building;
- Letter to the Editor “Moving The Emergency Room” from Charlene LaVoie, Community Lawyer in Winsted;
- The Farmington River Watershed Association explains the “gag order” by the MDC based on the 1998 Portland agreement;
- Statewide “Water War” Sparked By UConn Tech Park Plans – an insightful article by Pat Suprenant, Editor of the Mansfield Independent News;
- Rec Director Dennis Minor is moved from Berkshire Hall to Town Hall to “improve collaboration” according to the town’s First Selectman;
- Park Rules Are NOT Enforceable – according to Town’s Constable and First Selectman;
- The Fall And Rise Of Forests: CT’s Changing Landscape.
Individual news items from our weekly print paper will be posted to this website during the week as best we can (with additional links and information where appropriate) as well as breaking news that can’t wait until next week’s print edition.