The Board of Finance held their last meeting of the year on Tuesday, December 13. Newly elected Board member Maria Moore took her seat for the first time, replacing former Board member Laura Sundquist who resigned last month. Alternates Kate Rieger and Joe Gareis were sitting in for Board members Dan Charest and Jim Fitzgerald. Kate was later appointed to fill the seat of Board member Alesia Kennerson, who resigned in order to assume her position as a newly elected member of the Board of Selectmen.
Following is a video of the complete meeting. Due to its length (2 hours +), the video was cut into two parts (see below); click on the images to view the videos on YouTube.
- 0:00:37 – New Board members welcomed
- 0:01:00 – Letter of Resignation from Alesia Kennerson
- 0:02:00 – Letter from Jim Fitzgerald re. new appointments and further discussion of same
- 0:04:19 – Prospective Alternate Candidate Bill Cotes (Republican) introduces himself to the Board
- 0:06:00 – Reggie Smith nominates Kate Rieger to fill the seat vacated by Alesia Kennerson
- 0:08:10 – Reggie Smith nominates Bill Cotes to fill the alternate seat vacated by Kate Rieger
- 0:09:00 – Maria Moore reads her email addressing the two alternate seats on the Board being filled by members of one Party (R)
- 0:15:30 – Brian Keilty swears in Kate Reiger and Bill Cotes
- 0:23:35 – Rec Commission member Dan Eddy addresses the Board
- 0:33:45 – Non-lapsing Education Funds subcommittee
- 0:48:30 – Board of Education/Superintendents’ report (some of this report is in Part 2 of the video)
- 0:00:00 – Board of Education/Superintendents’ report (continued from Part 1)
- 0:02:20 – Bookkeeper’s Report
- 0:05:00 – Treasurer’s Report
- 0:09:45 – First Selectman’s Report
- 0:46:00 – Schedule of meetings for next year
- 0:47:20 – Election of BOF Chairperson 2012
- 0:48:34 – Letter from Jim Fitzgerald
- 0:49:45 – Capitol Budget Subcommittee
- 0:51:00 – Downtown Rehabilitation Grant and Survey Grant
TO BE ADDED:
Some of the documents discussed in the Board of Finance Meeting will be added here for viewers’ reference; Tuesday, December 20.