“Medicare Made Clear” Presentation At Senior Center Wednesday
Do you have questions about Medicare but aren’t sure who to ask? Well, bring yourself and your questions to Wednesday’s presentation on the topic of “Medicare Made Clear” at the Senior Center and you’ll come away with your questions answered.
Daphne Roberson from the Roberson/Tierney Insurance Agency will be presenting the subject of Medicare. This is an informational seminar and Ms. Roberson will not be selling insurance. The presentation begins at 10 a.m.; refreshments will be served.
Please call Jean Barnicoat, Senior Center Director, at 860-379-3980 if you’d like to attend the session, or email Jean at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Roberson/Tierney Insurance Agency is located at 529 Main Street, New Hartford.
VNA Flu & Pneumonia Shots Schedule for Our Area
The Foothills Visiting Nurse and Home Care, Inc. will be holding seasonal flu and pneumonia vaccine clinics during the month of October. Clinics will be held at the following locations on the date listed:
- Monday, October 3, from 10:00 a.m. to noon: Immaculate Conception, 4 North Street, Norfolk.
- Thursday, October 6, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.: Winsted Senior Center, 80 Holabird Avenue, Winsted.
- Wednesday, October 12, from noon to 2 p.m.: New Hartford Senior Center, 530 Main Street, New Hartford.
- Friday, October 14, from 1 to 3 p.m.: Colebrook Senior Center, 2 Schoolhouse Road, Colebrook.
- Wednesday, October 19, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.: Barkhamsted Senior Center, 109 West River Road, Pleasant Valley.
- Thursday, Oct. 20, 4 to 6 p.m., Torrington Municipal and Teachers Federal Credit Union, 777 East Main Street, Torrington.
- Saturday, October 22, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Ambulance Garage, 655 Main Street, Winsted.
Wednesday, October 26, from 2 to 4 p.m., Winsted Senior Center, 80 Holabird Avenue, Winsted.
Important Notes About The Clinics:
The VNA will bill flu vaccine for persons with Medicare B, Aetna, ConnectiCare, and Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield. For all others, the flu vaccine charge will be $25.
The VNA will bill pneumonia vaccine for persons with Medicare B, Aetna, and Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield. For all others, the pneumonia vaccine will be $75.
Please bring your Insurance card as proof.
All vaccines are administered to adults only. Children age 9 – 17 must have physician orders.
For more information call please call 379-8561.
West Hill Lake Drawdown In October
Following is a note from the Town website regarding the annual drawdown at West Hill Lake:
The annual draw down of West Hill Lake will occur in October. Please consult with Inland-Wetlands Officer Rista Malanca (860-379-7677) if you plan on performing any repairs, removing rocks, etc. within the watercourse.
For questions regarding the drawndown, please contact Skip Sly, President of the West Hill Pond Association, at 860-379-6459.