By: Maria Moore
With the school year winding down, it’s time to look at the wonderful things your school children have been involved in this year and thank their teachers for all of their hard work in making it happen. Â This coming week is Teacher Appreciation Week and the New Hartford Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is making sure that New Hartford teachers know that they are appreciated.
The PTO is asking all parents to have their children take a few minutes today and write a note of appreciation which they can bring in to their teachers tomorrow, Monday, May 3, the beginning of Teacher Appreciation Week. Â Children may also draw a picture and bring it to their teachers on Monday.
The PTO has also arranged the following events to celebrate our local teachers during the coming week:
- Tuesday, May 4: Appreciation Breakfast will be served at Antolini School;Â Appreciation Luncheon will be served at New Hartford Elementary and Bakerville schools;
- Wednesday, May 5: Appreciation Breakfast will be served at New Hartford Elementary and Bakerville schools; Â Appreciation Luncheon will be served at Antolini School.
- Thursday, May 6: The PTO is asking Â students to bring Â a small sweet treat (a piece of fruit or candy) for their teacher and/or other staff member.
- Friday, May 7: A gift purchased by the PTO will be presented to each school in honor of the school’s staff:
- Antolini will be receiving a new picnic table;
- New Hartford Elementary and Bakerville will receive new art for their halls.
Teacher Appreciation Week is the first full week in May, this year between Monday, May 3 and Friday, May 7. Â Teacher Appreciation Day is on Tuesday, May 4.
For more information about the New Hartford PTO: Please visit the PTO section of the New Hartford Schools website.
Many Thanks: To Debbie Ventre, PTO Vice President of the Bakerville School for informing us of the Teacher Appreciation activities scheduled by the PTO.