Following are the Community Calendar listings for today in New Hartford, CT:
Monday, January 18, 2010:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: a Federal Holiday. Local schools, Town Hall, banks, libraries, and the US Post Office are closed for the holiday.
- New Hartford Senior Center activities: at Senior Center, Town Hall, 530 Main St., New Hartford. Activities: Fitness at 9:00 a.m. ($2.50 per class, includes a fitness card which is stamped for every class attended); Coffee at 10:00 a.m. For more information please call Jean Barnicoat at 860-379-3980 between 8:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., Mondays through Thursdays.
- Take a Walk Series: Winter Walk in Catlin Woods: with Dave Rosgen at 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon. Meet at the museum of the White Memorial Conservation Center, 80 Whitehall Road, Litchfield. Catlin Woods and Marsh is an interesting complex of old growth coniferous forest, patches of younger mixed hardwood/coniferous trees, shrub marsh, and mixed herbaceous marsh. The Bantam River runs through part of the marsh, and frequently retains ice-free portions during the winter. This diverse combination of habitats provides food sources and cover for a wide variety of wildlife. For more information please visit the Calendar section of the White Memorial website.
- Nonviolent Communication Workshop: from 6:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. at the Dae Yen Sa International Buddhist Temple and Meditation Center, 19 Kinsey Road, New Hartford. Presented by guest teacher Joe Brummer, is the Connecticut representative for New England NVC (Nonviolent Communication). Learn how to live more peacefully and compassionately practicing Right Speech and Right Action; in celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. For more information please visit the Dae Yen Sa website and also the Center for Nonviolent Communication’s website.
- Apartments Available: Check out the listings on our Classifieds section. Do you have a place for rent? Let us know and we’ll list it for FREE in our Classifieds.
- Do you know of an event that should be listed here and you don’t see it? Please email us the info. and we’ll add it! Send to firstname.lastname@example.org and write ‘Calendar’ in the subject line.
Our Community Calendar section provides additional information about the events listed above and information on past, current and future events – a permanent record of events in New Hartford. Also check out our new Community Bulletin Board where you can see posters and information on local groups and events.
Ed Barden said matter-of-factly to our editor, Maria Moore yesterday, in answer to her comment: “You work so hard!” The Moores were visiting at the Barden farm on Sunday afternoon where Ed was busy working, but not too busy to stop and talk for a while and to watch Buddy, his Border Collie, racing up around with Murray, the Moore’s new pet, also a Border Collie.
Contribute to the …NHGrapevine… Let us know what you’ve heard ~ or seen ~ in town and we’ll add it to this listing, and also add it to the …NHGrapevine.. section. So let’s hear what you’re hearing around town…